Me

My name is Chris Echols. I am a 37 year-old CPA/Accountant from Bryant, Arkansas. I handicap horses ( thoroughbreds ) for fun and go strictly based off of speed figures and a complicated spreadsheet I use to input the numbers. I mostly handicap Oaklawn Park ( Hot Springs ) , some Kentucky tracks ( Churchill Downs , Keeneland etc.) & Saratoga is a favorite of mine. My favorite races are the Arkansas Derby , Kentucky Derby , Preakness Stakes &; Belmont Stakes . I go to all races with my 10-year-old daughter, Harper. We were at Belmont Park when American Pharoah won the Belmont Stakes in 2015 and became the 12th Triple Crown winner in history! She is daddy's little shadow and always with me!

Oaklawn Park Friday 1/22 Picks Handicapping Selections & Contest


1.       6/5/2/3

2.       4/10/8/7

3.       3/6/9/10

4.       8/3/12/7

5.       9/8/12/6

6.       9/7/3/10

7.       4/2/7/5

8.       7/3/4/6

9.       14/5/13/6


 I just wanted to let everyone know that HoTTalkersTwo , a forum that I am part of, is offering three $50 contests for the Oaklawn Season. The rules are below:


I hope everyone is doing well.  I wanted to tell everyone or announce I guess what contests we will be having at Oaklawn this year and the rules.

The first Contest we will have individual WPS contest (Winner will receive $50):
The will run the entire length of the season and will be based on Don's scoring.  In the event of Don's not being able to score, I will do that. 
If there are any issues with the scoring, please inform Don.  
Don's scoring will be final.
I believe Handicap Mike has won the past 2 years, so we need to dethrone him :)

Exotics Contest(Winner will receive $50):
This will be based on Don's scoring in the exotics category.
This contest will run the entire meet.

Longshot contest (Winner will receive $50):
Horse must be 8-1 or higher morning line based on Equibase odds.
The selection may include the horse's name, but this is not required.  (I have thought a lot about this and believe it would require an extra step for everyone to put the name.)
You must post the race, horse # (coupled entries you will need to designate if it is 1 or 1a, 2 or 2x and you will only get credit if your horse hits the board) and you will need to post the odds.
I will score this category and if you have any questions/concerns about your scoring, please let me know.  
Longshot must be posted before the post for the race the horse is entered in.

The link to the contest is below:

HottalkersTwo


If I missed anything please let me know.  I am looking forward to a great year and hope everyone stays healthy.